Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two Male Birthday Cards

Good evening blogging buddies...it has been awhile since my last post. I have had a busy week at work and havent made it on here up until now. Tonight I have two male birthday cards to share. I have made them out of necessity. I dont really like making male cards because you dont get to use anything pretty!
The first one is for Uncle Rod. He is a dermatologist and likes the plain, classy look so I tried to make a card like that. I used Next to Navy card stock and inked the edges with Craft White. I inked the Whisper White card stock with Next to Navy ink. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and added some silver square brads onto the SU DP.

I thought I would enter this card in the Words - No Stamped Images challenge at Die Cut Dreams. And also in the Quixotic Challenge - Emboss it!
The second card is for my cousin Barry. I used a Dustin Pike digi image for a bit of a laugh on this card (to be honest - I was at a loss as to what stamp to use). I coloured with copics and put crystal effects on the water bits. I sponged Next to Navy and Old Olive ink for the background. I used a mixture of DPs on some Next to navy card and added buttons and linen thread.

This card I would like to enter in Dare U 2 Digi Stamp's Challenge - One for the boys!

I hope to pop in and visit all your blogs this weekend and catch up on all the beautiful creations I have missed out on this week.

Have a fun weekend and thanks for looking!

Post a Comment