Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To School Card

Hi Blogging Buddies,
I made this card last week before our weekend trip to Sydney, but havent had the chance to blog it yet.  I have been wanting to make a "Back to School" card to fit with all the challenges...even though it is not so relevant to life here in Australia as we hare 3/4 of the way through our school year and only two weeks off holidays...but I still wanted to join in the fun!
I used papers and flowers from the Craft Garden from the Prima So Cute collection which you can buy here.  I coloured my Tilda stamp in with Copic Markers and I tried to colour her so it looked like a school uniform.  I added some lace and ribbon.  I chose the word "Growing" because little kids are always growing up so fast and in the blink of an eye they seem to be years older.  For the stems of the flowers I cut up some Old Olive SU ribbon and for the centres of the flowers I added buttons.  The pocket that the flowers are "growing" out of came from the papers as well.  The collection has a nice variety of different cut-outs, words and pictures.  The paper I used on the base of the card has lines on it, similar to a school exercise book.

I wanted to join in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Back to School
Fab'n'Funky - What 'eva
I am off to blog-hop now.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Post a Comment