Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The First Day of Spring...

Hooray for the first day of Spring here in Australia today!
I wore a really colourful, skirt today with beautiful flowers on it to school to celebrate.  Unfortunately I had to team it with a jumper and tights as the weather wasn't overly warm.

I have been making cards but I cant show you any till tomorrow...boo hoo...
and I need to "get cracking" on my Fathers Day Cards for Sunday!! Yikes!!

I have been working hard this week on a 5/6 class and tomorrow is my last day.  I have enjoyed myself on their class, but I am feeling very tired now and need to get lots ready for this weekend.  My Auntie is having a 50th birthday and it is a dress-up party.  The theme is 1950's.  So Friday is costume shopping, present shopping, Father's Day shopping...and oh to fit in some card-making would be just lovely.  Then Saturday is the party and Sunday is Father's Day.  Lots of family will be here for the party so it will be a busy weekend catching up with everyone.

I have been very slack with visiting blogs this week, but I will catch up and come and visit you : )
Thank you for the lovely comments you have been leaving for me...I cant wait to get on the computer at night to read them, they really make my day!  I hope you had a pleasant day today and a nice weekend to look forward to...take care.

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

I seems so funny to hear how cool it is and that Spring is on the way to you. Our Summer is beginning to wane and crops will be harvested in a month or so. It has been nasty hot and humid. Our Father's Day fall on the 2nd Sunday in June. Interesting that they are differant dasy in differant countries. Big hugs...

A Consuming Passion said...

Yes shame about the 1st day of Spring - it was certainly cooler than yesterday here in Sydney! Still the days are starting to get longer.
Have a great week end!

Loz said...

It certainly didn't feel like Spring down here!! No floral skirt for me... just jeans and a jumper and an umbrella!!
Thanks for the reminder on Fathers Day cards!! I've been so busy playing with Christmas tags I completely forgot!!
hope you have a fab weekend, that party sounds awesome ♥

Anonymous said...

im soooo jealous! you have summer coming your way, here its deffinetly over now and its getting really cold (buhuu). Enjoy the spring and summer!

Sammi said...

Happy Spring!! And congrats on your new DT spots :D
xxx