Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sympathy Cards


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I have two sympathy cards to share today.  I made these with some free papers I got in a craft magazine.  Stamps are from SU "Close as a Memory".  I bought this set because I dont have any appropriate sympathy stamps and I was finding sympathy cards really tricky to make.  This set makes them quick and easy and appropriate I think.  The top one I stamped in Creamy Caramel ink the bottom one is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  I like the bottom one the best.  I was going for a clean and simple look for these cards.

I havent entered any challenges for quite a while so I thought I would enter some with these two cards:

Alphabet Challenge - U is for Unused Stash
(these papers have been hanging around for ages wanting to be used)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes
I did it Creations - Keep it Simple

Would you like to see a more recent photo of our pet lambs?  They are gowing up quickly.  They are still on three feeds a day but they are very strong and quite rough!  It was hard to keep them still for a photo.  They sleep with the chickens at night because we are still cautious of foxes prowling around.  The chickens dont quite know what to think of them!

Thats about it from me today.  Hope you had a great one.  Thanks for popping by for a visit.

14 comments:

Vladka said...

Beautiful cards! Nice colors :)

Vladka

Deirdre said...

Great cards and a wonderful photo Alicia. Looks like you nearly have to "sit" on them to keep them in one place.... LOL!!! so fun.

Jeanette said...

Very elegant cards Alicia. Perfect for Sympathy cards. But, I'm afraid your sweet lambs stole the day for me. Thanks for sharing with I Did It Creations challenges.

Kerrie said...

Sympathy cards are hard to master!... but you have done wonders, might just have to purchase this set.... now those little lambs are just to cute for words....

Annette Bowes said...

Perfect sympathy cards Alicia! Love all your recipe creations too! Looks like you have got your hands full lol! They are cute, but I have to say I certainly don't miss having pet lambs! We used to lamb 150 sheep! Take CareX:)

Sandie said...

These are just stunning. Very elegant cards. I'm a bit late but congrats on your Craft Garden DT spot :)

Carol Dee said...

How sweet are those faces !?!? They sure do grow quickly. I have the same Sympathy set. It is always good to have a sympathy card or 2 on hand. These are very pretty. Simple is good! hugs...

Gem said...

a perfect sympathy card Alicia, thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at IDIC challenge! Gemma :)

Leigh said...

Your lambs are dear little things Alicia. Lovely sympathy cards too.

Jennie said...

These are always so difficult to create and you have done a beautiful card. THanks for joining us at IDIC xx

Katja said...

I think they are so very pretty. Love the one with brown the most! Thanks for joining our challenge at I Did It Creations!

Greetings,
Katja (IDIC-DT)

Lesley said...

Lovely cards, just right! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Simply beautiful - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week - hugs Debbie x

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card thanks so much for joining our Keep it Simple at IDIC!