Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smash Book Recipes - Date and Pecan Loaf


Hi Blogging Buddies,

A happy Sunday to you all! I have had a great Sunday actually...spent doing some of my favourite things.  We also went and got some more wood for the fire...still feels like winter here.  We have a dvd to watch tonight and a sweet curry in the slow-cooker.  Something I have learnt today...I actually like Winter.  But I dont like it at school especially on playground duty - yuck! 

I have another recipe card to share with you today...hope you are not tired of them, because there is still a few more to come.  This one is a very old Women's Weekly recipe from Grandma's Recipe book.  Published around about the 1950s I think.  Ben loves this recipe so it qualifies for the special book I am making.


I have used papers and flowers and a notecard from The Craft Garden online store...I love their stuff and have just ordered some more little bits and pieces from there.  This paper and note card is from the So Cute Collection which you can buy here.  Oh, and aren't these felt flowers so cool!  I am in love with them! You can get them here as well.  Close-up picture of the flowers below.


Well, I'm off to feed the animals and put them away for the night.  I hope you had a lovely weekend.  Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

chris said...

Hi Alicia this is so beautiful and those felt flowers are just to die for they are really very special as is your recipe card.
thanks for the recipe , may have a go at that. hugs chris xx

Carol Dee said...

Another delicious looking recipe and very pretty recipe card. I love pecans, but not so much, the dates. I did some baking here too. Choc. Choc. Chip cookies and pumkin cookies. Nice cool baking weather. Fall is upon us. Have a wonderful eve and a good week. hugs...

Loz said...

Ooh, looks yummy! Your recipe Album must be starting to look delicious now!
it still feels like Winter down here too - this time last year we'd hit the 30s! Not even close yet this year.. I'm hanging out for tomorrow, supposed to get to 20! Whoo Hoo!!
Love the felt flowers, have a great week ♥

Jessie said...

I'm loving your recipe cards Alicia! This one sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)