Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Card for Elise


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I have had a nice easy day today...gotta love them!! I went into town for a couple of quick jobs and then have been home catching up on some washing and card-making. I wanted to share this card today. It is for Elise from Paper Love Affair who has just recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Cheryl at My Cardmaking Haven has a competition going, asking people to send cards to Elise and be in the running to win some candy from Bizzy Becs.

My Mum is a breast cancer survivor...she first had breast cancer when I was ten and then again when I was seventeen. But she has been cancer free for thirteen years now. It is a horrible time for a family to go through so I really feel for Elise and her family and wish her all the best with her treatment and her road to recovery. While I was making this card it really reminded me how lucky I am to have my Mum still with me and how I mustn't forget to appreciate her.


I used some digi images from Pollycraft and layered them on pink card and pink Designer paper. I used some lace and ribbon, silver thread, silver leaves, a big pink flower and some silver crystals.

I thought I would enter this card in a few challenges:

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Relish to Embellish
Paper Romance - Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Our Creative Corner - An Attitude of Gratitude
My Cardmaking Haven - A Card Drive for Elise



I'm off to make dinner now before we head in and watch a movie...hopfully something light-hearted and funny...just what I need.
Have a lovely Saturday night and thanks for stopping by my blog.


Post a Comment