Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two "Sweet Nothing" cards...



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I hope you are having a lovely day.  It is Sunday morning here...I am lucky to have the day at home, and I am still deciding what to do.  I have a bit of mulching that needs doing in the garden so if I am feeling energetic I might get to that later on.  I thought I might pop on and do a blog post.  This card I made for Ben's Nan to give to a family member - Madeleine who turned 90 recently.  I used Kaisercraft Sweet Nothing papers, some gem swirls, blossoms and a Prima butterfly.  It turned out very fancy.  I hope suitable for a 90 year old lady.


This second card is using the same papers and the dove is a collectable from the Sweet Nothings collection. I made this for my cousin Monica to give a lady at her work.  The story is very sad.  The lady's daughter, Bronte (19 I think) was killed a week or so ago in a car accident.  I dont know all the details, but her boyfriend found her and then died by getting electrocuted from a power line right near the car accident.  A very tragic event for this area.  Monica asked for a card with angels and her name written softly on a love heart.  This was my interpretation.


 I hope it brings the lady some comfort, if that is possible.


My project life is going along well.  I am up to November 2011 now, still have December to go...so nearly finished 2011.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I might do a video of it at the end to show you.

Well, I hope you have a lovely day, whatever you might be up to.

Thanks for stopping by,

Alicia xx
Post a Comment