Sunday, July 18, 2010

Challenge - Make Six Beautiful Cards in 1 Hour

Hi Blogging Buddies,

I set myself a challenge...can I make six beautiful cards in 1 hour?
I have to be honest and say I couldn't do it...these beauties took me 1 hour and 20 mins...but I think it is possible and it is a goal I am aiming for.

I am entering these cards in the
and
La-La Land Crafts Challenge - Black White and one other colour

How do you think you would go? I am sure there are heaps of talented card makers out there who would be able to produce six beautiful cards in one hour..are you willing to have a try?

Make your cards, post them on your blog and specify how long it took for you to make your cards...it is okay if you went over the hour time frame...you will still be eligible for the challenge - so feel free to be honest! Link your post up to the link below and in a weeks time I will choose a random winner. There is a prize which includes a brand-new Magnolia stamp, some DPs, ribbon and flowers. Why not enter? I would love to see your cards! The winner will be decided on Sunday 25th July. Please include a link back to this post.
If you dont have a blog please feel free to email me your photos...(this is especially for Carol and Danielle - I would love you ladies to enter!) You can email me here.

18 comments:

Kerrie said...

Beautiful cards, love the image... is that Stamping Up? .... I will try and play along, would be good to be on a timer..... as I do flap around alot (LOL)

Carol Dee said...

O.K. I will give this challeneg a try! My 1st. I usually can not enterv since I do not have a blog! I even have a card in my head. :) I actually think I can do it! Finding all the supplies will take as long as actually making them (if only I could ever get organized!) Your cards are simply lovely. Hugs...

mckinkle said...

wow Alicia, thats a good idea!
Obviously you are going to be getting 6 cards that aren't as 'involved' (or intricate might be a better word) as your beautiful set!

I will have a think overnight and see what I can do!

Keryn x

mckinkle said...

ps. actually, who am I kidding, I can take 2 hrs just to come up with the design!!
Keryn x

Loz said...

These are gorgeous!! I think I may very well take you up on your challenge... but first I need at least an hour free time!! ♥

Cheryl said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! Well done on making them in 1hour 20min.I don't think I would be that quick...lol...Would like to get some chrissy cards done though,might have to try and fit this in!!
xx

Annette Bowes said...

Thought I left a comment for these beautiful cards last night. Love the photo taken with a gorgeous view behind. Gave your challenge a go Alicia and will link up tomorrow, using them for the DT Post. Took me 1hr 10, was only when I came back to get your link I noticed the beautiful part, mine are more cute lol! So hope they count, take careX:)

Jeannie said...

I made 4 cards in 2 hours...hehe...too many layers I suppose, but I can't help myself!
I'll have to try this....love the idea!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Irina Blount said...

Lovely cards!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

Cheryl Valadez said...

These turned out great! What a lovely set! Thanks for joining us this week at La-La Land Crafts ;D

Hugz,
Cheryl

Jan Hunnicutt said...

How fun! Your 6 cards are beautiful, thanks for playing along with La La Land Crafts!

Anonymous said...

6 beautiful cards, and wow in just over an hour! Amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...means the world!

Loz said...

Done!! Think I ended up being like, an hour and 15 minutes!! Not bad though!! Can't wait to see if anyone else enters and what they make!! Have a great Friday ♥

Loz said...

Oooops! Tomorrow's only Thursday!! I'm going to bed early! lol!! ♥

Julie M said...

What a great challenge, Alicia - and for me, an impossibility!!! I can't even make ONE card in an hour!!! I love yours, such pretty colours.

Julie :o)

Maureen said...

Great cards - I'm sure you'll reach your goal soon! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Merry said...

What lovely cards you have created and the other ladies. This was a fun and interesting challenge. I don't normally mass produce and didn't really think how long glueing and cutting took to do. Thanks for the challenge.

Merry said...

Thanks Alicia I would be honoured if you put a photo of my cards on your blog. :-)