Monday, July 26, 2010

My Vintage and Distressed Tilda

Isn't this Tilda such a little cutie! This is the stamp I won in Stephanne's Blog Candy...she is adorable and so much fun to colour. I wanted to enter many challenges with this card so I tried to do the "Vintage" look for the Just Magnolia challenge this week. I am very new to Vintage, I have always loved bright, shiny and new...but now I am coming to love older, distressed and more muted colours..whites and creams etc. I included vintage things like lace, white and cream buttons, a green velvet ribbon at the base of the card and flowers. I coloured Tilda in vintage colours with my Copics.

I followed the sketch from Crafts and Me Challenges. I thought it really suited the Vintage/distressed look with the little tabs and buttons at the top and bottom of the card and the lace through the middle. I really enjoyed this sketch...each corner is covered and accounted for! Sometimes I struggle with the corners of these larger square cards...whether to fill them or leave them blank.



The Daring CardMaker's Challenge is "Layer it Up!" I have used lots of layers for this card and distressed and inked them all so that also qualifies me for the Raise the Bar Challenge: Distressed, Torn, Ripped, Broken. My flowers in the bottom corner allow me to enter "Something Flowery" over at Stamp Something.

Thats about it I think for this card! I'm off to work for two days tomorrow and Wednesday...my old 3/4 class tomorrow from last semester and a little Kindy class on Thursday at a school I havent been to before. I have to get my Casual Teaching bag all sorted tonight...sitckers, pens, whiteboard markers, some activity worksheets, books etc etc. Wish me luck - I may be needing it!!

Thanks for visiting me today.

20 comments:

Loz said...

Ooh la la!! Gorgeous card, love the vintage look! You rocked it! Have a great time at work this week... good luck ♥

Unknown said...

Wow! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Hugs,
Renata

Cheryl said...

WOW,just gorgeous.......you really have nailed the vintage look!!! I love it!!
xx

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Alicia. Love all the elements you've used on it.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Sammi said...

WOW! I LOVE this! Tilda is coloured beautifully! I love the colours you chose!
Good luck and hope the week goes well!!
Sammi
xx

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia,
Oh I adore this Tilda, congrats on winner her! She belong with you.
You've made another stunning card.
Love all the details.
Luv,
Chelsea

Carol Dee said...

WOW, lots of stuff happening here! You are doing great with your new copics! It must be fun to be able to match just about EVERY paper on the market with your copics. Have a wonderful week. Hugs...

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Alicia! Wonderful colouring and embellishing!

chris said...

Oh Alicia, this is just so special, and so nice to see Tilda wearing green, she always seems to come in pink, this is so interesting, love everything about it.
hugs chris xx

stephanne said...

Oooooh, she is absolutely stunning in green, I LOVE it!!! The shabbylicious touches of vintage are gorgeous, the flowers you've put together look incredible and that Tilda, wowwwwwwwww, so fabulous!!! Makes me want to stop everything and get her out for a play to try to recreate your masterpiece!! Gorgeous work hun!!
Hugs, Stephanne

Kerrie said...

Oh my goodness.... this is just beautiful, ..... you really make beautiful cards.

gina g said...

Wow this is stunning, i absolutely love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Kellie said...

OH WOW this is absolutely STUNNING! You nailed the challenge of vintage and I am loving something different.....Green, it looks amazing! LOVE it all!
Hugs Kel xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Your vintage shabby chic card is fabulous. Tilda looks amazing. I love all your details. The buttons are a really nice touch. Great job sweetie!
Hugs Bonnie

Unknown said...

Wow such a cute card loving Tilda too!!!

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week for our "Something Flowery" Challenge.

Hugs Jo xxxx

Bev said...

Wonderful vintage card! Thanks so much for joining JM this week x

Stampin Mindy said...

Very pretty, Gorgeous colors and love all of the embellishments. Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia.

Hugs, Mindy

Crafteezee said...

Oh My, this is sooooo gorgeous, love the colours, the layout and all the embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Vixykins said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch and well done on trying a different style too!

Thank you for playing at Crafts and Me x