Monday, July 26, 2010

My Vintage and Distressed Tilda

Isn't this Tilda such a little cutie! This is the stamp I won in Stephanne's Blog Candy...she is adorable and so much fun to colour. I wanted to enter many challenges with this card so I tried to do the "Vintage" look for the Just Magnolia challenge this week. I am very new to Vintage, I have always loved bright, shiny and new...but now I am coming to love older, distressed and more muted colours..whites and creams etc. I included vintage things like lace, white and cream buttons, a green velvet ribbon at the base of the card and flowers. I coloured Tilda in vintage colours with my Copics.

I followed the sketch from Crafts and Me Challenges. I thought it really suited the Vintage/distressed look with the little tabs and buttons at the top and bottom of the card and the lace through the middle. I really enjoyed this sketch...each corner is covered and accounted for! Sometimes I struggle with the corners of these larger square cards...whether to fill them or leave them blank.



The Daring CardMaker's Challenge is "Layer it Up!" I have used lots of layers for this card and distressed and inked them all so that also qualifies me for the Raise the Bar Challenge: Distressed, Torn, Ripped, Broken. My flowers in the bottom corner allow me to enter "Something Flowery" over at Stamp Something.

Thats about it I think for this card! I'm off to work for two days tomorrow and Wednesday...my old 3/4 class tomorrow from last semester and a little Kindy class on Thursday at a school I havent been to before. I have to get my Casual Teaching bag all sorted tonight...sitckers, pens, whiteboard markers, some activity worksheets, books etc etc. Wish me luck - I may be needing it!!

Thanks for visiting me today.

Post a Comment