Friday, August 13, 2010

"Scribble This" set of cards


Yesterday I was playing around with my old "Scribble This" stamp set from Stampin' Up. I hadnt used it for ages. I felt like embossing...even though it gets sooo messy, and I think I am allergic to the embossing powder...it gets in my eyes and down my throat...I must breathe it in I guess...don't ask me how! Anyway, I wanted to emboss white on black card. Then I stamped the flowers out onto white card and coloured them with Copic Markers.

I wanted to enter the challenge at Crafts and Me which is "Purple and Green". I coloured with these colours and added purple and green card. I added a button and tied it with a tiny bit of purple ric-rac. Added some faux stitching with my white gel-pen, some purple organza ribbon, some stickles and the card was done! I was having so much fun I wanted to make more...

Over at Allsorts Challenge they are also having a colour challenge and their's is Primary Colours: Red, Blue and yellow. This was my next inspiration. So I coloured these flowers red, blue and yellow and found some card stock to match.
I wanted to use buttons again, but didnt have any in the right colours so I coloured white ones with Copics and added some stickles on top.
I was still having fun so I decided to make another card! The Sir Stampalot Challenge for August is "Bring on the Bling" so I decided to make a shiny, "blingy" card. Instead of embossing in white I embossed using the heat and stick powder and then the silver glitter. It didn't photograph well unfortunately. I also embossed the white on black for the top flowers and added mini gemstones on the petals and in the corners of the card. I used my silver gel pen to do the faux stitching and the papers are from DCWV Alphabet Stack. The buttons I left white and just added glitter. The base of the card is sliver.
Finally I finished off with these two cards. The colour combo was pink and yellow. This time I stamped the flowers onto some DP and just cut them out. I coloured my buttons to make them pink and added glitter. One has a gold ribbon and one has the yellow ribbon. I added gold kindy-glitz to decorate.

I would like to enter all the cards in the challenge from Our Creative Corner: It's Embossable!

Thanks for visiting my blog today,

Post a Comment