Monday, August 16, 2010

A Vintage Magnolia Card...

I really felt like making a Magnolia Card last night...you know when you are just in the mood for colouring? Over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges their theme this week is "It takes Two" which means you have to use both Tilda and Edwin on a card. So I found these two little cuties and glued their hands together so they look like they are running hand in hand awwww....

I followed the sketch from Just Magnolia which really suited having the two images on the card. I moved the ribbon to the right side of the card because of Edwin's butterfly net taking up all the room on the left hand side of the card.
Over at Creatalicious Challenges the theme is Vintage. I love having a go at Vintage challenges because I like the freedom of Vintage...the distressed edges, the not-so-perfect sewing, the frayed edges of a ribbon sticking out...I inked the edges with Vintage Photo ink and distressed with my SU distressor tool.
The inspiration for my colours came from Colour Create...they have this gorgeous picture on their blog at the moment. The colour combo is Ivory, duck-egg blue and one other from the photo below. I did my best to match the blue...but mine is a little brighter. if you look at the main colour in the shirt and dress you can see the duck-egg blue, but the darker clours on the outside give the idea of more a sky-blue. It was the closest I could get. The extra colour I used was Kraft which was the base card stock. The option at Colour Create is "Shabby Chic" which I tried to do with this card.

All That Scraps is starting their first Magnolia themed Challenge and so I wanted to join in there as well. It is an open theme, as long as you use something Magnolia. Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog is asking you to make a card with your favourite stamp or image...well Magnolias are my favourite stamp, but there is no way I could narrow it down to which one! I love them all!!!
I had a busy day today in town and then this afternoon I planted my Lavender plants. Might take a photo tomorrow to show you. I hope you had a happy Monday.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.

18 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Sweet card. When I 1st looked at it, it looked like one stamp. They go so well together. :) You do vintage/shabby chic very well. Have a wonderful week. Hugs...

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Alicia this is absolutely adorable! Love the happy couple and your design and colouring are fantastic!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Alicia!
I love your card is just amazing. You captured the color combo beautifully!
Hugs Bonnie

Sassy Scrapper said...

Alicia a big Congratulations on your most recent challenge winner!!!!!! You sooo deserve it.
Hugs Bonnie

Unknown said...

OMGOSH Alicia this is sooooo beautiful!! I love how you glued their Hands together, they do look like they belong together!! Your colouring is so perfect and I love your soft colours that you used too. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous,love all your embellies and details.......a perfect vintage card!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Chantelle said...

This is just beautiful - love this Edwin and Tilda you've teamed up together - just so very sweet - thanks for playing along at MDUC.

Leigh said...

Beautiful vintage card. Love it.

Merry said...

Oh lucky you having Lavender plants...the smell would be fantastic. Love this card...they look like they will fun off the card.

Jane said...

Oh these two are so cute together! gorgeous colours and details too! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

Ellen said...

This is so so cute a real feel good card and the vintage touch is beautiful !!
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
Ellen

Stampin'Piper said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colours!

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs Tanja

Sharon said...

Oh Alicia this card is just stunning! Edwin and Tilda look fabulous and I like the way you stamped them holding hands :) Great stitching, embellishments and sentiment too. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge this week.

Sharon x

Lindsey said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Linds x

Anonymous said...

Tilda and Edwin always make me smile! Your vintage take on the sweet couple is so charming! Lovely flowers, papers and ribbon in your designing...so glad you joined us in the first ATS Magnolia challenge!
Pam Going Postal

Kevin Renz said...

Very pretty!

Bev said...

Wonderful card, so sweet and great detail. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Penny said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along in the Creatalicious vintage challenge