Thursday, December 16, 2010

Southern Girls DT - Vintage


Good morning Blogging Buddies

It is a rainy Thursday morning here...peerfect for me to attack my ever-growing Christmas to-do list! I hope to make some quality progress today!!

I am excited to be posting my DT card for Southern Girls this morning.  The theme is Vintage.  Iove having a go at vintage...its fun to distress all the papers and try to make it all look old I think.

The music note paper I ripped out of an old hymn book I bought at a second hand book shop then I put rub-on Prima flowers on top of it from the Annalee collection.  I also used a journaling card from the same collection and I put another rub-on, which is the quote, on top of the journaling card.

I found the photo on the internet and changed it to Sepia on Photoshop...well I think I did...as it looks more black and white to me...but the original was in colour.  The card has a love theme because it is for my hairdresser who has just gotten engaged.  I dont know if she likes vintage or not, but I thought a Vintage engagement card would be something a little different.

I added cream lace, love heart ribbon, love heart pearl hat-pins, a true love sentiment sticker and some flowers.  Then I decorated the inside of the card as well.  I like how the music notes come through the rub-on flowers.


There are some fantastic prizes up for offer, as always, at Southern Girls!  


Whimsy Stamps are giving our international winner 5 digital images of the winners choice! 


The winner of the Aus/NZ draw will a pack of 20 A5 sheets of Xpress IT card, a set of three markers and a colourless blender refill kindly sponsored by Sammi at Mad 4 Markers.

Head on over to Southern Girls for some fabulous inspiration by the Design Team and to link up your vintage card, project or layout.


I would like to enter this card in a couple of challenges:

Sew Many Challenges - Flower Power
Beary Sweet Challenge - Pearls or Gems (pearl hat pins)


Thanks for stopping by,



Post a Comment