Friday, March 18, 2011

5 Christmas Cards


Hi Blogging Beauties,


A lady asked me to make a "Kid's Christmas Card" for her...I didn't have any in my stash so I set about building it up with what I hope are "kid's Christmas cards."
  I made five Christmas cards to go in Cheryl's Christmas Card Challenge.  Cheryl is getting ready for Christmas already...and she is motivating us to do the same! You have to make five Chrissie cards and link them up to her blog to be in the running for a stamp.  I love the challenge of making multiple cards so I had to play along.  Here are my cards:







I followed the sketch from Sketch and Stash to make all my five cards.  Each card differs slightly from the sketch...but this was what I was trying to emulate.


I used this cute little image I found at Craft Scope.  I thought I would include a little pic in case you wanted to have a play.  I added google eyes and buttons and only had to colour in the hat and do  an outline and he was done.  Quick and easy!
 
I used Basic Grey papers from the Jovial Collection...and I must say that I love them!  I have the whole set and there are so many lovely ones to choose from.  I inked the edges of everything with Vintage Photo ink to add to the distressed look the papers already have.





We have family that live in Japan.  Thankfully they have been safe from the earthquake and the Tsunami.  However they have decided to leave Tokyo for now while the Nuclear Power Station  is getting sorted.  Plus they said there is very little food supplies in Tokyo, few options for transport and they arent expected to go to work.  For such an organised city, it does sound like there is chaos over there at the moment.  It makes it very real when you hear people you know evacuating.  I pray that they get that Power Station fixed up very soon.  There has been so much trauma over there...they must be feeling in such a state of shock.  My auntie was in hospital at the time of the earthquake and it was a new high-rise built specially for earthquakes and she said the whole building was swaying.  How scary!  I pray also, that our world gets sorted out and these natural disasters subside and life becomes peaceful again.


Thanks for popping on over to my blog today.
Check out my candy here before you go.


Alicia xx

11 comments:

Loz said...

he's fabulous and definately for a kid!! they're so cute!
Hope all your family remain safe over there ♥

Cheryl said...

OMG these are ADORABLE,fabulous papers and details!!! BTW I am so glad your family is safe and leaving Tokyo is probably the best thing to do!!
xx

Carol Dee said...

Love the googly eyed snowmen. Too Cute!!! Pretty scary studff going on in Japan. Glad to hear your family is O.K. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Hope your rellies in Japan will be out of there and safe and sound soon Alicia. Horrible what's happening there:( The snowman cards are totally cute....love that sweet little fella.

Kerrie said...

Super cute cards for kids ... I can't believe what is happening around the globe... hope your family stay safe.

Lizzy said...

5 adorable cards ...Thank you joining us at Sketch N Stash

xx Lizzy xx :)

Sue said...

fabulous selection of card and all gorgeous

Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash


sue
xx

Amanda said...

Very cute cards, you're very organised starting Christmas cards.Praying with you for all these disasters to stop. x Amanda

TRACEY O said...

Great cards Alicia. Good luck with the challenge.

Julie said...

Fab selection of cards, Alicia - great takes on our sketch and great papers! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

Annette Bowes said...

Adorable cards Alicia, love the papers and snowman! Started my five just need putting together and posting, better get my finger out lol! Take CareX:)