Thursday, March 10, 2011

Southern Girls DT ~ Flowers


Good Morning Blogging Beauties,

Today is the start of a new challenge at Southern Girls and it is "Flowers".
I think we might get hundreds of entries for this one...everyone loves to add flowers to their cards!  

Last night I went to my first class for Floristry and I made this table arrangement.  We get to bring it home and keep it, so that is pretty cool!  Unfortunately we didnt get to choose our flowers...so I did the best with what I was given.  I really enjoyed it.  I am keen to have another go! I love flowers and it was so much fun trying to learn how to arrange them.


This is the card I have made for the challenge.  It was a special request from one of the TAFE ladies who are buying my cards.  For a lady to give to her sister on her 40th Birthday.
My first attempt for this challenge I tried to make a card covered in flowers but it turned out looking pretty awful! I realised that I dont use flowers on my cards as much as I used to and I think I might be out of practice.  This card was my second attempt.  I decorated the inside as well.


So, why not play along this fortnight at Southern Girls and link up your cards with flowers on it!
Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by.
Alicia xx
Post a Comment